1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
125 gms butter
1/3 cup sugar
grated zest of lemon
* Preheat the oven to 350 Grease the baking sheet.
* In a bowl beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest together using an electric mixer, until they are fluffy.
* Beat in the egg yolk but keep the egg white to one side.
* Gently stir in the shifted flour and raisins. Gradually stir in the milk until the dough comes together.
* Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead it gently until it is smooth.
* Roll the dough then cut out the cookies using cookie cutter.
* Place the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
* After that remove the baking sheet from the oven.
* Lightly whisk the egg white, then brush it over the cookies with a pastry brush and sprinkle them with sugar.
* Return the cookies to the oven for 3-4 minutes.
* Transfer the cookies into cooling rack.
* Serve this simple raisins cookies recipe.