5 pieces karuvadu(salted dry fish)
1/4 cup soaked white beans(mochakottai)
1 green chili
1 chopped tomato
1 cup tamarind sauce
1 tsp. mustard seeds
some curry leaves
3 tablespoon oil
salt to taste.
8 small onion
1 tsp. coriander seeds
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. black pepper
2 dry chili
some curry leaves
5 garlic cloves
3 tablespoon grated coconut
* Roast all the masala ingredients in 1 tsp. of oil until they get slightly brown color.
* Allows to cool for some time then grind with coconut, make a fine masala.
* Clean the salted dry fish and keep it aside.
* Heat oil in the pan add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onion and tomato, sauté it nicely.
* Add sliced brinjal,white bean and small amount of salt.
* Add tamarind sauce and ground masala, mix it well.
* Allows to cook for 10 mints then add cleaned salted dry fish pieces.
* After 15 mints turn off the flame.
* Serve village style karuvattu kulambu with white rice,idly,dosa etc.
1 cup oats
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon rice flour
1/2 tsp. crushed cardamom
1/2 cup nuts(cashews, almond)
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ghee
* Roast the oats and nuts,grind it and make powder.
* Take a bowl with oats and nuts mixture, then add wheat flour,banana,rice flour,sugar,cardamom,salt and water.
* Mix it everything together make nice and loose batter.
* Heat the paniyaram pan with ghee.
* Pour a ladle of batter when they get golden color both side then take it out.
* Serve this sweet healthy and simple oats paniyaram recipe.
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup corn
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tsp. salt
100 ml milk
50 gms butter
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
* Grease the cake pan and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
* Preheat the oven to 400 F.
* In large mixing bowl, place the flour,cornmeal,baking powder, salt and corn.
* Mix together thoroughly with a spoon.
* In big bowl, whisk together the eggs,buttermilk,milk and melted butter with a small whisk until they are combined.
* Pour the egg and milk mixture into the flour mixture in the large mixing bowl.
* Stir it well until everything combined together.
* Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake it for 25-30 mints.
* Allow to cool pan before cutting into squares.
* Serve the homemade easy corn bread recipe
1/2 cup besan flour/gram flour/chickpeas flour
2 tablespoon rice flour
1/3 cup wheat flour
pinch of hing
1 cup chopped cabbage
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp. chili powder
1 cup oil
Salt to taste.
* Take bowl with besan flour, rice flour, wheat flour,hing,chili powder and salt.
* Mix all the dry ingredients first.
* Next add onion,cabbage,coriander leaves and water, mix everything together make a nice and thick mix.
* Heat oil in a pan, then take a spoonful of mixture and deep fry it.
* When they get golden color take it out.
* Serve this quick and easy evening snack cabbage vadai with chutney/ketch up.
* You can add some chopped spinach also.
1 cup cooked black eyed peas
1 cup sliced cucumber
1 cup grilled sweet corn
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 chopped green onion
some chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp. chaat masala
2 tsp. lemon juice
Salt to taste.
* Take wide bowl with black eyed peas,cucumber,sweet corn,onion,green onion and coriander leaves.
* Mix everything together.
* Next add lemon juice,chaat masala and salt, mix it well.
* Serve this black eyed peas salad.